Sweet Relief (12% MSM) Cream 113g
- Temporarily relieves muscle and joint aches and pains
- Used for pain associated with backache, lumbago, strains and arthritic or rheumatic conditions
- Eucalyptus oil and capsaicin provide warming and cooling sensations to help soothe affected muscles
- Best results when used with DMSO Gel (2 parts Sweet Relief mixed with 1 part DMSO Gel)
- 100% Pure Pharmaceutical Grade
Capsaicin is the substance in chili peppers that gives them their heat. It is used in many topical ointments to relieve the pain of peripheral neuropathy (pain in the nerve endings near the surface of the skin). Capsaicin produces a heating effect that deadens the pain when it is applied to the skin.
Studies have shown that capsaicin can relieve arthritic symptoms and improve flexibility of the joints by inhibiting the activity of Decapeptide Substance P (DSP) in the synovial fluid of the joints. DSP can otherwise destroy cartilage and intensify the sense of pain.
Capsaicin seems to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis. A study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology in 1993 showed that patients with psoriasis who used capsaicin cream had reduced itching, scaling, and redness compared with patients who used a placebo. The researchers concluded that topically applied capsaicin effectively treats pruritic psoriasis.
Eucalyptus oil is known for its anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic, antibacterial, stimulating, and other medicinal properties. Best known as a powerful antiseptic and decongestant, it is often used for coughs, colds, chest infections, and sinusitis. It is also used for healing wounds, burns, cuts, abrasions, and sores, and it effectively soothes insect bites and stings.
As an anti-inflammatory, eucalyptus oil is helpful in treating muscle and joint pain, and it is often recommended to patients suffering from rheumatism, lumbago, sprained ligaments and tendons, stiff muscles, aches, fibrosis, and even nerve pain.
Allantoin is a healing, moisturizing, soothing, non-toxic agent that is used in dermatological, cosmetic, and veterinary preparations. Allantoin stimulates healthy tissue formation and has a pronounced keratolytic and skin-softening action. It acts as a chemical debrider of necrotic and scaling tissue, cleansing the areas where it is applied. Allantoin is effective at quite low concentrations, 0.1% up to 2%, and is used for the treatment of skin ulcers, wounds, scalds, burns and sunburns, carbuncles, acne and skin eruptions, fissures and abrasions, impetigo, eczema, and psoriasis.
MSM is a popular dietary supplement promoted for a variety of conditions, including pain, inflammation, allergies, arthritis, and the maintenance of normal keratin levels in hair, skin, and nails. Like other sulphur compounds, MSM is a necessary building block for proteins, especially those found in the hair, muscles, and connective tissue of the joints and skin. Recent studies show that MSM is particularly beneficial for the treatment of arthritis and seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Other non medical ingredients: Purified water, Aloe Vera, Sweet Almond Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Grape Seed Extract, Vitamin E oil, Vitamin A, Panthenol, Glucose Lactoperoxidase, Glucose Oxidase
Instructions for Use:
Clean the painful area before applying. Rub the cream into the skin until it is no longer visible. Use sparingly and avoid eyes and other sensitive tissue and mucous membranes. Wash hands thoroughly with soap after applying to affected area of the body. However, if applied for hand pain, wash your hands after 30 minutes.
You will feel the warming sensation of Sweet Relief Cream after about 20 minutes; it will feel as if you are using a heating pad.
- For external use only
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes
- This product contains retinol, which may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Limit sun exposure and apply a sunburn protectant while using this product and for a week afterwards.
- The application of external heat, such as an electric heating pad, may result in excessive skin irritation or skin burn
- Not intended for use on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns
- Do not bandage
- Do not apply to wounds or damaged skin
- Hypersensitivity, such as allergy, has been known to occur, in which case, discontinue use
- If rash or irritation occurs, discontinue use